Candy Corn Bubble Bars
- 2 Cups Baking Soda
- 1 Cup SLSA
- 1/4 Cup Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp Kaolin Clay
- 3 Tbsp Fragrance Oil (We used Candy Corn)
- 1 Cup Glycerin
- 2 Tsp Liquid Dye (We used Sunshine yellow and Tropical Orange)
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Stabalizer
- Protective gloves, mask, eyewear, hairnet
- Measuring Cups/ spoons
- Hand Mixer
- Wax paper
- Rolling Pin
- Mixing bowls
- Measure out all of your ingredients before getting started
- Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, be careful when adding SLSA as it is easily airborn.
- Add 3/4 of the glycerin and all of the fragrance oil (with vanilla stabalizer if you are using this F/O or one with Vanillin)
- If you are using a hand mixer, begin to mix slowly with a towel to cover to prevent breathing in the SLSA
- Once ingredients are combined you should have a play-dough like mixture. (I found it helpful to take my gloves off to insure my mixture was wet enough)
- Divide your mixture evenly into different bowls
- Add your Liquid Krazy Dye. I added 2 tsp of liquid dye to my mixture. You can adjust depending on how dark/ light you want your colour to be.
- If you find your dough isnt staying together like playdough you can add the rest of your Glycerin to each batch- keeping the colours seperated.
- Now take each colour and shape into roughly a 1'' rectangular pad. (See photos)
- Place between wax paper- Stack the colours ontop of eachother. (See Photos)
- Use Rolling Pin to roll your dough out. I rolled mine out to be roughly 1/2 an inch thick.
- Take the wax paper off the top, and using the wax paper under the dough gently roll into a log.
- Cut your bubble bars as big as you want!
- Yay! Congrats! Let your bubble bars dry for 24-48 hours and they are ready to use!